The only thing that limits a number and design of Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 projects you can build is your imagination. And available Mindstorms parts of course.
I wrote an article about the Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 parts list about my findings. In short – there are fewer parts in NXT 2.0 kit and these parts will allow building you somehow simpler robots. If you want to build complicated robots with lots of moving parts and gears you will have to consider buying NXT 1.0 kit to get these extra parts. Both NXT parts are compatible so you can combine them without any limitations.
When you purchase the Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 set you get building instructions for 4 Lego robot projects.
- A moving robot called Shooterbox that guards your room. It patrols the room and shoots balls at intruders.
- A sorting machine called Color Sorter that can sorts objects depending on their colors. Add some tweaks to Sorter to add a shooting function!
- Robot featured on the packaging box is called Alpha Rex. It is a walking humanoid that can also dance and do many other amazing things.
- If you love animals Robogator is just for you. It is an alligator-like robot. It can be programmed to protect you territory. Watch out because it jumps at anybody who comes near it!
I was browsing the Laurens Valk site the other day and came across these cool looking NXT projects.
- The Snatcher is a cool tractor robot that uses its 3 motors to grab, lift, and move objects. And yes, it can find these objects himself.
- The Strider is a robotic spider. It can walk in any direction using his 6 legs and it hides from light.
- The Anyway is a robotic analog of Segway. You need additional gyroscopic sensors to build this amazing project that is well worth the efforts. Laurens provides you will full instructions you need to build and program this device.
You came here looking for:
- nxt 2 0 projects
- lego nxt2 0
- cool nxt 2 0 projects
- lego mindstorms 2 0 projects
- nxt 2 projects
- lego mindstorms nxt 2 0 projects
- mindstorms 2 0 project